My life in 20s was messy. I was an anxious, stressed, and ambitious girl as I maneuvered my career..
Updated: Aug 18, 2022
Today, after my fair bit of successes and failures during my 20s, I have come to realize 10 key takeaways about living your 20s. Here, they are-
1. Dream Big. Very Big. Don't settle for mediocrity because others did!
2. Don't get killed as you pursue number 1. Health once lost, takes ages to recover.
3. Invest in friendships. Friends with whom you share your first crush, heartbreak, failure, and success. Friends can be your true extended family in your 20s.
4. Office friends are not your friends. They are just a 'phase'. Don't share anything critical with them that you may regret later.
5. Count your blessings if you have a few foes. Keep them closer to you than your friends- foes can be a great motivator to bring your A-game. I am also a genuine belief if you have no foe, you aren't killing it big in life!
6. Don't settle for 'any' life partner. A great partner can be a deal maker and a bad one- an absolute deal-breaker for not just your career but also your mental wellbeing!
7. Meditation is a real magic wand- explored by a few on a daily basis!
8. Live a notch below your means. It brings a great deal of peace of mind.
9. Give your parents time. They are the only beings who will stand by you when the entire world won't!
10. Hitting Gym every day is a better anti-ager than any cosmetic brand cream.
If you are interested in learning about GGI's MBA Scholar program, you can learn here.
Author- Shatakshi Sharma, Cofounder Global Governance Initiative, Ex- BCG, Advisor, Tony Blair Institute